Slider

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

.....he was the Richest Man I've ever known

My Daddy, My Hero Died January 18th, 2012, 68 Years Young. OH! Daddy, I miss you.  I sit here and write this with a heavy heart, but I want people to think about how short life can be.  How important it is to Live, Laugh, and Love.  Never leave angry and always tell those important in your life you love them.   Today I want to tell you how important it is to take photos of your loved ones,  they don’t have to all be Pro level photos, Grab that point and shoot and go to town!  I am known for having a camera with me ALL the time.  My kids know mom has a point and shoot or pro level camera everywhere we go.  For years I go to family gatherings and take photos of family and friends.  My father always seemed to evade my camera.   He always caught me taking a photo, and he would quickly, move his hands in front of his face, turn from the camera, tell me, Karen…go on now.  Every Spring, every Christmas, I would tell my Mom and Dad “We ARE taking family photos…I mean it….You will NOT get away from me this time”.  And we never did those sessions.   Oh I regret it.  I have so many photos of him fleeing the scenes, So to speak.  I regret not getting some really great photos of my Daddy, I’m a Photographer darn it. What memories I could have created.   Please guys, Get some great pictures of your family.  Will it bring them back-No.  Will it make them better (if they are ill)-No.  Will it make you miss them less-No.   But It will allow you to save the memories for so many.  It will allow you to print them and frame them, and be able to adore them, it will allow you to smile and tell your children about them, so they won’t forget.   This is not a plug for my Photography business, you can do this with whoever you’d like.  I just want to tell others about how I felt after my Dad died, and my regrets.  If one person reads this and actually gets some great photos of your family, snap some shots, have a great time doing this,  it will make me happy.  Don’t put it off, do it sooner than later.  Tomorrow is not promised. I have so many regrets. 

I miss my Daddy.  The church was overflowing with those that my daddy touched.  I wish he was here so I could do and/or say so much, but failed to.  I want to be a better Daughter.  He knows I thought of him as my Hero.  He knows I love him.  But the emptiness I feel is so great.  RIP William T. Garvey, I love you!! And we all Miss your smile and corny Jokes! 

He did not have much money, but he was the Richest man I've ever known!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs